LMC Logo

Lynwood Medical Centre

Close this search box.

Need help with a non-urgent medical or admin request? Contact us online.

Information regarding Opt out of data sharing

In order to register dissent for your and your children’s medical records to be used for purposes beyond their direct care:

1) Protect your GP data:  fill in and give this ‘Type 1’ form to your GP practice [PDF] – this form allows you to include details for your children and dependants as well. This is the most urgent stepaccording to NHS Digital.

2)  If you also want to stop your non-GP data, such as hospital or clinic treatments, being used/sold for purposes other than your direct care (e.g. for “research and planning“) you must use this process as well in addition to step 1 above:

  • If you have children under 13, you need to fill in this form [PDF] and e-mail or post it back to NHS Digital – this form works for both you and your children.
  • If you have an adult dependant for whom you have legal responsibility, you must use this form [PDF] and send it back to NHS Digital on their behalf